A on-site discussion on the trials, tribulations and triumphs of some Oakville endurance runners. Use the "comments" box below the blog to add your feedback.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

What I learned and where I'm going


Hi Gang,

A lot of people read this blog who aren't Howlett's Heavy Breathers but are fascinated or intrigued about the idea of running a marathon one day. If you have the chance, please add a comment telling me a) what you got out of training to run a marathon b) what you would do differently next time around and c) what your goals (running and otherwise) are for 2007.

Thanks!

Dave

2 comments:

davehowlett said...

a) Despite all the gloomy headlines in the papers I got to see some pretty amazing people achieving their life goals!

b) I still need to work on my nutrition and loose another 10 -15lb.

c) IM Austria in July!

Anonymous said...

A) What did I get out of training to run a marathon? Wonderful friends, laughs, and personal strength. Running for me is therapy. I feel very lucky to be able to do it.
B) What would I do differently next time? not to put as much pressure on myself for a time. It is so easy to get caught up in time when it is so amazing just to be out there.
C) What are my plans for 2007? marathon Clinic #7, make alot more wonderful running friends and Boston in April.
B'Ann